Patio lighting assistance

pat82

Jun 2, 2011
My backyard/patio and pool area gets really dark at night so I'm looking for outdoor lighting this year. I have been using those portable shop lamps and they've worked for the most part, but since they are low to the ground and very bright, they tend to blind most of my guests. :cool: I tried picking up some battery operated LED lights from Amazon last year but they were nowhere as bright as I wanted them to be. So I'm looking for some good patio lights to hang on the corner of my screened in porch to reach out to the patio. I'm an idiot when it comes to electrical wiring so it would be ideal if I could find some lights that I can plug into an extension cord or are otherwise very easy to install without the help of an electrician. Any ideas?

I have 12v landscape lights for much of the perimeter lighting (solar units could also work) and have rope lighting under my patio. The rope lights give a nice soft lighting effect to the area in and around the patio.

Depending on how intense you need your lights to be, I like chinese lanterns, just a big paper or plastic globe around a light socket with a plug. I have a few plastic 14" globes with 13 watt cfl, makes a good, soft outdoor light. Mine's 15' up an oak tree, faux moon light.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.