kmgt32

May 14, 2012
Hi there! I was a member here a couple years ago but couldn't remember my username so had to re-register. I'm back and I need some help with a leak in our pool. Here's our relevant info. I'll get a pool details in my permanent signature ASAP. But for now...

Opened last week, water level a couple inches below skimmer. Filled, been running filter 24/7 because the water was green. The winter cover fell in the pool in the fall and therefore everything on top of it fell in too, yuck. Color is improving. However, we are pretty sure we have a leak. We've lost a couple inches of water a couple of times in the last few days. We keep refilling and keep losing. The ground in one area around our pool is wet and puddled. The outside pool walls are not wet. The area around the pool equipment is dry, no visible leaks there.

I guess what I need to know is do you think the leak is in the liner? And how do I find it? I've looked around the liner where I can see from the outside (our pool is partially sunk so I can see over the edge) and can't find anything. Our water temp is only 68 so don't really want to get in yet. But we could turn on the heater if we need to.

If the water drops, then holds steady, where in reference to the water level might the leak be?

Thank you,
Kathy

Details: Above ground, 27' round, Ohio, Chlorine, sand filter.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.