Pebblesheen shade variation

Jul 9, 2011
Hi all,

We are just about finished with our pool project here in DFW. We did a free form pool, with Pebblesheen finish in Blue Granite with the abalone shells added in. My issue is, the pool finish looks streaky, like there is a color variation in certain areas on the floor. You can only see this when the sun isn't shining directly into the water, but it's pretty noticeable. My pool builder called this normal, and said it's "shade variations" in the finish. It's not paint on a wall, it's pigments and cement, and it won't look exactly the same color everywhere.

I looked at another pool that has pebblesheen, that another pool builder did, and it looks fine. I looked at another one this pool builder did, and it has these same shade variations. I've called pebbletec, and they've been slow to respond or do anything about it.

So I thought I'd ask the forum. Is this normal?

I took a couple of pictures with my iPhone. It looks worse in person than it does on these photos, but you can see if you look around the drain, the color is different than the rest of the pool, in a streaky way.

Any comments are greatly appreciated!

[attachment=1:3bhsr4yv]IMG_0470.jpg[/attachment:3bhsr4yv]

[attachment=0:3bhsr4yv]IMG_0471.jpg[/attachment:3bhsr4yv]

Attachments

• IMG_0470.jpg
    IMG_0470.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 276
  • IMG_0471.jpg
    IMG_0471.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 276
Some variation is normal, though that is quite a bit more than I am used to seeing. Pebble Tec installers are usually quite good about responding to this kind of issue. Have you talked to the plaster people who applied the pebble?

I have, and they are the ones that told me it's normal...they called it shade variations. I've sent pictures to Pebbletec and have been waiting over a week for them to respond. I was told mid last week that the local rep would be in contact with me, but he has not yet.

I have some variation in my aqua blue pebblesheen but nothing quite like that...I will say though, is that your drain? Now that doesnt look normal to me at all. My drains look like smooth plastic of the same color of the pebblesheen...by contrast those look like they have play-doh all over them. I would want that redone/replaced for sure.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.