Hayward C5520BHMB Filter question

jimsam

May 14, 2012
Collin County, Texas
Because I am gun shy I'm probably going to ask a ridiculously simple question but having been burnt before.............

The question I have is, "What holds the bottom manifold in place in this filter. How hard is it to remove and replace this manifold?"

Thanks!

Jim

Here's the label on the filter, the bottom manifold which has collapsed, and the black fittings I *think* we are supposed to remove to get the manifold out. Since I don't have a cartridge filter, I haven't worked on one of these before and would like some guidance since I don't want to break anything.

pool3.jpg

pool2.jpg

pool1.jpg

I received the new manifold and decided to just go for it. Thanks to Robbie for taking additional pictures and trying to portray a clearer explanation of the problem.

First thing was having to borrow a wrench that was big enough to get around the 2 1/2 inch + connector on the outside of the filter.

After getting the old manifold out, I had a really hard time getting the connecting elbow separated from the old manifold. I basically had to destroy the old manifold to get them apart. The problem was caused by sand that had settled in and made separating them almost impossible. I used a flat-head screwdriver and carefully wedged it in and broke the plastic of the manifold until enough of it was gone to release the tube.

Bottom line is the new manifold and new filters have been installed and everything is up and running.

I'd guess this wasn't an everyday project as I never received any answers on this post. Thanks anyways! :party:

Jim

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.