Help/Advice for Installing New InGround Liner

Hi Folks.

Well we're finally getting around to installing our new liner. We successfully got it placed into the pool and have the beads in all the way around and I think it is in the right place.

However, the directions make it sound like we need to put a shop vac behind the liner and let it run for 20-30 minutes to get the liner to "suck" to the sides of the pool.

Well, we ran two shop vacs for HOURS yesterday to no avail. And letting it just "hang" really isn't an option because we have a 6" "safety ledge" around the deep end of the pool that the liner needs to fit onto.

Also, we don't own any "water tubes" because we have one of those clip-on type covers for the winter. I tried using garbage bags half-filled with water in the shallow end and they seem to work okay.

What if I used rubber-coated weights to hold in those corners in the shallow end instead? (Like free weights, 45 pound rubber-covered disks....).

pool1.jpg

pool2.jpg

pool3.jpg

Thanks in advance for any help, suggestions, or even just encouragement... :)

Mike

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.