Intex 1600 Sand Filter

RoseF

Apr 6, 2012
Wantagh, NY
New here....I have been reading a lot on TFP on the Intex Pools....Great Site :wave:
We started putting up the 18'x52" Intex Ultra Frame this past weekend. Everything looks good. Still filliing the pool up, we have very low water pressure so its taking quite awhile to fill.
My question is about the Intex 1600 Sand Filter. We put the sand in the tank and got sand in the filter :roll: . Can we back wash to get the sand out of the lateral? Or should we just empty the sand out, clean best we can and start over?

Welcome to TFP!

Backwashing won't do anything. Running the filter in normal filter mode will wash the sand out of the laterals and into the pool. I forget, if that filter has a rinse mode, rinse will get the sand out and wash it out the waste/backwash connection.

Welcome to tfp, RoseF :wave:
JasonLion said:
Running the filter in normal filter mode will wash the sand out of the laterals and into the pool. I forget, if that filter has a rinse mode, rinse will get the sand out and wash it out the waste/backwash connection.
My memory may not be great (neighbors pool, last season), but I think it has a rinse mode.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.