Housing to Protect Pump from Weather

b2001

Feb 17, 2008
I saw a nice looking house shaped enclosure to protect a pump from the weather elements. I thought it was on the Leslie's site, but I can't remember or find it anywhere. It seemed to be reasonably priced. Any suggestions on who sells something like this? Thanks ...

Leslie's sells them, but I don't know how much.

This is also a nice one...a little beefier than the Leslie's version.

http://yourwaterneeds.com/FS_PumpCover.asp

I honestly don't know if they're worthwhile or not. Anecdotally, I can tell you that my pool was built in 1984 and had one installed shortly thereafter (not by me but I know from pictures). I've been in the house 10 years now and just replaced the original XLVI pool pump last year, mostly to take advantage of better efficiency from a more modern pump. 23 years from a pool pump is pretty good service. I don't know whether the cover helped or not but it went back on the new pump! :wink:

Attachments

• retaining wall5.JPG
    retaining wall5.JPG
    488 KB · Views: 48
If you are using an enclosure over any piece of equipment be very careful to make sure that there is adequate ventilation to cool the equipment. I've seen too many pumps burn up because the vents were obstructed.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.