Jandy Aqualink Gurus-Need Advice

Electron Mover

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 21, 2012
Prince George, VA
I am going to put in a new pool and need to be able to check on it through the internet as I will be out of town a lot. My builder uses Jandy equipment and I have figured out (I think) I need the following to control the VS Pro Series VS Flo pro 2hp pump, the Aqua Link PLC 1400 SWG and 3 Jandy LED 120 volt lights (all on the same circuit):
A Jandy Pure Link Sub Panel Power Center
A Jandy AquaLink RS One Touch controller
A Jandy iAqualink Kit (I'll hard wire it into my home network)
1 relay for the LED light circuit (I don't think I need a relay for the SWG or pump)

Have I listed what I need and what is the cheapest way to order these things? It looks like everything comes with 4 relays or something I don't need!

Thanks for all your help!
Bill

Scott,
Thanks for replying. What I meant is that the Purelink sub panel comes with 4 relays and the One Touch controller also comes with 4 relays. I thought the Variable Speed pump has power all the time and the controller "tells" it when to come on, ie. no relay is needed and the same with the SWG....am I wrong about that?
Thanks again,
Bill

The VS pump doesn't need a relay, and I don't think the SWG does either (not as familiar with Jandy as some of the other brands). Both are controlled over data cables.

The base system includes four relays. Jandy doesn't make anything simpler than that.

The sub-panel/power center does not include relays, just space to mount the relays.

The 1st relay is dedicated and can have no other use whether it is needed or not.

Putting the cell on a relay allows it to be powered down, useful with variable speed pumps that need to be powered all the time, even when not running the motor. Controllers may come with PureLink controls built in.

Relays usually come with the controller. Breakers do not.

Scott

PoolGuyNJ said:
Putting the cell on a relay allows it to be powered down, useful with variable speed pumps that need to be powered all the time, even when not running the motor. Controllers may come with PureLink controls built in.Scott
So, if I use the Purelink Sub Panel Power Center with the built in AquaPure SWG controller and add the One touch controller- I assume (yes I know what they say about people that assume) that the aqualink controller will coordinate the SWG and turn it on and off with the VS pump...or not?
Thanks for all your help...the installation manual doesn't talk about this at all!
Bill

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.