Unusual Plumbing?

Hi, Im John and is new to this forum. Last December, I bought property at Moreno Valley, CA from bank who owned this property for about a year after foreclosure. After two weeks of pool maintenance, shocking and water balancing. After the water had started to clear up on its own and saw the pool floor for the first time. Plaster surface everywhere is all delaminated, needing extensive repairs. After this summer, pool water will have to be drained out and will perform repairs on plaster, new lights, plumbing work and pumping station.

However, I have some questions about the plumbing in pump station. Why and what reason is there a bypass plumbing? Can I hack it off and replace with end cap, thus effectively sealing it off?

By the way, why is there a tap on one of the PVC pipe with a handle on it. Looks like it can be attached with a hose

b3k9sp

2zz1zy

zt6ywb

le6vp0

The bypass is probably to keep some water running to the spa even when 'pool only' is selected. There may be a valve in the bypass to determine the amount of bypass.

The hose bib is the closest you have to a 'waste' valve. It allows you to pump out some water.

My first guess was the same as Ohm_Boy's. The bypass is to allow some water to the spa even when the pool alone is selected. Not a bad idea as it keeps the Spa chlorinated.

The Hose bib is as he says also, along with being a place to add water and help reprime the system when you open it to clean the filter etc.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.