Clorox Outdoor

You can read a thread on The Pool Forum about this here. The MSDS for this product is shown here while their Regular bleach MSDS is shown here. A description of the product is shown here.

The main difference between the products is that the pH of Clorox Outdoor is 13.2 while Clorox Regular is 11.4 so it does appear that there is more excess lye in the Clorox Outdoor product and that could account for its "thicker formula". I'm not sure what additive is a "special protectant for metal surfaces", but this does not sound like an appropriate product for pools.

Richard

The telling thing about this product is in the description where they call it a bleach CLEANER and not just bleach. One has to remember that Clorox makes many products that have the Clorox name on them that are not bleach or just contain bleach as an ingredient.

Aquaman95 said:
It is curious that the chlorine % is so wide on the MSDS...5-10%. The strangest part is that over 7% in reportable quantities (over 10 gallons/100 pounds I believe) comes under DOT HazMat regs. Typically Clorox keeps their consumer products under 7% to avoid DOT HazMat regs.

Never seen an MSDS on bleach that non-specific...I'm going to have to look into this one further.
Post moved from another thread at Aquaman95's request. JasonLion

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.