How to remove the pool light enclosure?????

Jul 16, 2011
Mesa Arizona
I've got an older plaster pool. It was green a few months ago but I finally got it cleaned up and in good shape. Today I was swimming around and I got to messing with the pool light. I figured it was in there with springs and such so I decided to pull it out and see what holds it together. Well, it came out except at the top. I can't get the light to come completely out and when I got it partially out, a bunch of black looking stuff came out. I'm assuming it's a combination of algea and dirt.
So now I want to get the light out so I can clean all that gunk out. Is there a screw or something that I'm missing???
Thanks.

Yeah, I ended up taking some swim goggles and taking a dip. I found the screw and got the light out. I cleaned what seemed like pounds of slim out of where the light goes in. Maybe that's why I have so many algea blooms. I got it all though. Even the green on the wire that goes to the light, and the slime on the tags. It's all gone. I should have done that a long time ago but I never thought the light is just kind of floating in there. I thought is was sealed in some way.
Live and learn.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.