First Peek..first winter with chlorine

CaptJoe

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 3, 2010
Bayville, NJ
:party: i decided to check the pool level after quite a bit of rain, and since i had a corner open, i had to see if i had the usual opening swamp after a relatively warm winter here in the northeast. after last summer's switch to chlorine i was kinda hoping for a somewhat clear pool and i just can't believe how clear and clean it is. lookes like i closed it yesterday, except for the light green layer of pollen. thanks, FTP, for all the guidance last spring. probably won't open for another few weeks, but this year looking foward to it... here are the numbers:
FC...2.5
CC...0.5
TC...2.6
pH...7.4
T/A..80
CYA..80
readings taken at dusk and these old eyes ain't what they used to be, but i think i'm close.

This was my first winter with chlorine, too, but we got a bit crazy with the warm NE weather and actually opened the pool up mid April. Same thing, looked great but just a slight greenish tint. I was a bit lax on my testing and maintaining after opening when the weather got cooler so I've been paying the price the past week or so (especially with the pollen being as bad as it was up here and some badly needed rain), with an emerald green pool. Been shocking and watching like a hawk, and now a very light "seafoam" color with some slight cloudy-ness, but you can still see the bottom. Hoping to have it almost crystal by this weekend for the holiday.

I'm from NE and we went swimming this past weekend ... 80 degress near the CT/MA area. And I was in the process (tail end) of a Baqua-to-Chlorine conversion. :shock:

All went well, conversion to CL done as of last night ... and nothing but happy campers.

Now I can live a normal life of daily OCD pool balance checks .... :party:
:shock:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.