Happy Pool Opening Season! FC, TA & more oh my!

maggiem

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 15, 2008
Hi all! Back for another season here - just received our test kit100 refills, yay! This will be the 2nd year of our "new" SWG pool.

So we may be having a chlorine issue here but I'm not too sure. We opened 7 days ago to sparkly water and the pool co. was impressed. They dumped 6 bags of shock, some CH and then we just added 120 lbs of salt (we were very low). Right now we read at:

FC 2 - yesterday it was 1
CC 0 - yesterday it was 0
TC 2
TA 70
CH 350
CYA 40
Salt 2900

It seems as though we may be on the FC rise but I am wondering if we should start dumping bleach? The SWG is now set to 50% and there is a very faint smell of chlorine in the air when you get close to the water. We also did a super-chlorinate 3 days ago and had a huge bounce; which as you can see fell back again.

Maggie

It seems as though we may be on the FC rise but I am wondering if we should start dumping bleach?
I don't think you need to shock or add bleach but simply monitor your FC. If it continues to go up, dial down your SWG. With crystal clear water, you are off to a flying start! Nice work! :lol:

The key thing is to raise your CYA level to the recommended 70 to 80 range. Once you do that you will be able to maintain a much better FC level. In the mean time you can either turn up the percentage or add bleach manually.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.