Loving my salt system

Hey y'all. I decided to put a little plug in for my salt system today. I have a Zodiac LM3 which I know is not the most popular brand around. I would say it is a basic salt system because it doesn't have any electronic readouts on temp. or salt level or any of that. It is just a clear tube with steel plates and a control box that you can use to lower and raise the output, shock and power off.

I have not added anything to my pool all winter long. Nothing! I have had perfect readings and no problems. I haven't worried too much with the cya and the salt until this week because we have had awful rains here in Memphis and I've been draining the pool a lot.

I really have tested only for FC and PH all winter. Haven't had to touch either.

Took my water to the pool store Saturday (I've got a good one - Memphis pools - they give me the usual pool store speeches, but they do a good job testing.) My numbers were perfect.

FC was 12. I know that's high, but I turned it up the other day thinking that I needed to up the output since I knew I didn't have a whole lot of salt. That Zodiac works in cold water so well. It does not automatically shut off like some do. The water can be 45 degrees and you can still see the bubbles in the zodiac! Definitely need to turn it down.

Ph 7.4. Been there all winter. It usually stays right at 7.8 in summer so I've been surprised at how low it is. Maybe because the Zodiac is turned down.

Salt is low at 2000-ish and cya was around 15. I know those are low and we're taking care of that this week. I drained 8 inches of water out of my pool last week.

I have a liner so don't worry with calcium.

I just can't tell you how much I have enjoyed my pool and my salt system.

Since our pool was finished a year ago I've bought 2 gallons of muriatic acid (still have .5 gallon) CYA, and salt. That's it. Easy as pie.

Pretty good, huh!

IF WE COULD ONLY SWIM!!! Water temp is 60 degrees.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.