Jandy Pro Series VS FloPro 2HP Variable-Speed Pool Pump?

Electron Mover

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 21, 2012
Prince George, VA
I am thinking of getting this pump instead of the Jandy Flo Pro 1.0hp 2 speed with timer....the cost difference is only $200 since the controller that comes with the
VS FloPro 2HP Variable-Speed Pool Pump will replace the need for the digital intermatic timer.....or am I missing something?

It depends on your setup. The variable speed pump isn't setup to switch any external devices. So, if you have a SWG or heater you lose the ability to turn the SWG/heater off when the pump is off. If that isn't an issue for you then sure go for it.

how has this pump worked out for you?

maybe I am unlucky or maybe there are long term issues with these pumps. The first one failed within 4 weeks. Pump just stopped working. I got a brand new replacement via warranty and one of their warranty repair centers professionally install the 2nd - second pump failed after 6 weeks - same symptoms/issues. Jandy has no explanation on this and I am in process of getting a 3rd via warranty.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.