Wanting to mount tv, rec and speakers on back porch....

4x4tx

Jul 23, 2007
Greater Houston
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Ok I have cable running right under my eave down my back porch so I think I can splice that cable to make another outlet where I want to mount a TV. TV will be an old 25" crt that I dont care about if it goes out but it will be protected by porch.
I bought a cheap receiver and 4 outdoor speakers from best buy that I plan out getting mounted this week....only problem is finding a cabinet that I mount to brick to hold my receiver..have anyone seen something like that this? just a 2 shelf or 3 shelf with a door that can be hard mounted to the back brick of my house?

4x4tx said:
Ok I have cable running right under my eave down my back porch so I think I can splice that cable to make another outlet where I want to mount a TV. TV will be an old 25" crt that I dont care about if it goes out but it will be protected by porch.
I bought a cheap receiver and 4 outdoor speakers from best buy that I plan out getting mounted this week....only problem is finding a cabinet that I mount to brick to hold my receiver..have anyone seen something like that this? just a 2 shelf or 3 shelf with a door that can be hard mounted to the back brick of my house?

Check out this site. I just searched for "TV& VCR wall Bracket"
http://www.stacksandstacks.com/audio-vi ... ll-mounts/
As long as you mount to a solid surface you are ok.

I have seen them at Home Depot in the Electrical dept near the antenna stuff.

Hope this helps you.
Iggy

Here is another
http://www.flatpanelmountsonline.com/as ... 001_57909#

we put our old 27" sony out last year and this winter she took a Crud and died. we upgraded to this http://www.backyardstuff.com/Games%20&% ... 0Specs.htm

and its the BESSSSSTT tv we have ever had, it was expensive and i was talked it to it my the entire family. but im really glad i did. skip the little crt. this thing i can spray with my hose or let it get rained on and its still fine. I LOVE IT. i reccommend this. BTW. BOSE ALL THE WAY FOR OUTDOOR SPEAKERS.

I have a friend who did the same thing with an old tv and it's been outside for almost 2 years with no problem. They just put a cover over it when not in use. And if it goes out, for a couple hundred bucks, they can replace it. At that rate, you could buy over 25 tv's before you spend as much as the lcd RT suggested. ;)

SeanB said:
I have a friend who did the same thing with an old tv and it's been outside for almost 2 years with no problem. They just put a cover over it when not in use. And if it goes out, for a couple hundred bucks, they can replace it. At that rate, you could buy over 25 tv's before you spend as much as the lcd RT suggested. ;)

we love it though. i will never, ever, spend that much on a a tv again. i said to the family if its broken you can live with out. i was going to just get another CRT. then DW and D k (kids) came and said we want this or else (not sure what the or else was) so i blew my money i had saved up to go on vacation this year on it. LOL. but i hate to say, its worth it. plus since im an avid DIY'r the cost was offset by me and my oldest installing it (spent 3 weeks). it was fun and the quailty time before he moved out was worth 50x's more IMO.

i love to put on CMT and have the sound piped through the speakers in the back yard. my neighbors think im nuts, but who cares. :p

mnormington said:
Personally, I go outside to get away from the @#$%$$ TV, but you can mount about anything you want on a brick wall all you need is proper anchors.

I agree with the whole going outside to get away from the TV. I rarely watch it inside, there is just too much life to be lived without needing to be entertained 24/7. But, I would say that as far as putting anything you want on a brick wall, I would answer that with the proper methods, yes you can, leaving the anchorments out of it though. If you drill in three anchors into brick, and chunk a 27" CRT on top of it, in my opinion, you are going to do something bad to the wall.

If you used Lag type anchors, that expand as you put a lag bolt in them, I would imagine that it would hold, but would the weight of the TV not pull the brick? I would not be surprised if it did at least. I have never tried it, but I would then again never try it. If I were to try it I would probably get something made which would both bolt to the wall and have vertical legs for supports. Knowing a welder is probably the best thing in the world...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.