Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: pool vacuuming?

1. Back To Top    #1

pool vacuuming?

OK we got an inground pool last summer. We had no need to vacuum the pool, the polaris did a great job. We only had 5 weeks of swimming before it got too cold. Now we need to get the winter dirt out. I had an above ground pool once and remember using the hose and attaching to the skimmer which led to filter. Is this done the same with an inground pool?
    TIA Tina
    **** hath no fury like a HURRICANE!!!!
    33,000 gal. inground vinyl pool

2. Back To Top    #2
    Yes, you can hook up a manual vacuum to a skimmer in just about any pool. Some skimmers come with a vacuum plate, which allows you to leave the skimmer basket in while vacuuming.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Thankyou.....Tina

4. Back To Top    #4
    also, you might want to vacuum to waste rather than to filter. it will save you one or 2 filter cleanings (itll just end up in the waste eventually anyways right?).
    30,000gal In-ground Gunite Pool DE filter
    Polaris 380 APC

BBB method all the way - Newb, like to absorb info and chatter, but take the experts' advise

5. Back To Top    #5
    if you fogot how to set it up look on my site under tips and tricks and go to how to vacuum

6. Back To Top    #6

You are right, to waste would be best since we had alot of rain and I need to lower the water level anyways. Good idea!! I will certainly look to your site for tips, I need all i can get!!! Tina