Jandy PCB will not keep time

May 3, 2010
I have a Jandy Power Center that will not keep time. It has been reseting to it's default day and time recently, but other than that it seems to work. Problem is that the filter/solar/SWG are coming on at random times of the day. I have reset the system and PDA and replaced the battery. Which is no easy feat since it doesn't like to play nice with the PDA. I changed channels from 9 to 7 and back. Any thoughts on a fix? Am I missing something obvious?

Thanks!

PoolGuyNJ said:
Did you change the 9V battery in the control box?

Scott

Thanks for the reply Scott. Yes. I replaced the 9V battery, but that was another entire matter. You would think changing that out would be a snap, but after I cut the power, pulled that battery, turned the power back on, and plugged in the new battery that the system would reset and it would be business as usual...no such luck. I had to go in and reassign the RF channel to get the remote to switch out from just sitting on "waiting" for 10 minutes until the PDA timed out. It held time all night (12 hours), but it seems reset randomly...I also replaced the batteries in the PDA. Everything seems to be working now at the moment.

I figure if the main board was out then nothing would work. I hate random problems like this because they seem to be electrical in nature and that is rarely a good thing...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.