In floor cleaning systems

In-floor cleaning is a huge variable. IMO, the best systems are GREAT. The rest are not worth the hassle. I think I am very lucky to have what I feel is one of the best and possibly the best there is. I use it every day. It works wonderfully. So far the 1st 4 years with the system have been perfect. I generally take the heads out about once a year just to check them out. I picked up several spare heads for less than $20 each in tha last year, but I've never had to do anything to any of the heads so far, so I save my spares for the future.

A friend of mine has a Shasta pool from the 80's. You couldn't pay me to have that system in my pool. The heads are terrible contraptions, they're complicated mechanical items that jam, get stuck, wear out and break into pieces when you try to remove them. Replacements cost about $80 each, when you can find them.

meatloaf said:
For those of you that have in floor cleaning systems in you pool, my question is, how often do you use it and are you happy with the results.
Thanks

My pool was finished in January 2008 and I have the Paramount PV3 infloor system.
The good part is that they have no metal spring like others have.
With a salt pool this is always a possible problem.
The pressure pushed the heads up and a small weight pulls them down.
They automatically rotate direction each time they pop up.
I have 6 zones in my pool for the infloor system. The controller turns on each zone one at a time.
The basic principle is to push debre to the deep end and the bottom drains.

Here is the link to Paramount System here in Phoenix.
http://www.paramountpoolproducts.com/

Iggy

meatloaf said:
So how often do you use them?

Whenever my pump is running I use them. I have the 5 return lines on and the infloor on together.
This way I have a lot of water circulating.
At this time of the year I filter about 4 hrs a day. I really don't need to but I want to keep my chlorine up with my salt system. This is enough time to maintain 3 PPM of FC

How do you like your Tightwatt self adjusting pool timer? Was it worth the money?
Iggy

In my <1 year old pool (and I think in pretty much all modern in-floor systems) the cleaners are constantly in use. In normal pool circulation mode, all water return is done through the in-floor cleaners. There is a actuator near the pad that is driven by water flow that constantly cycles through the 6 zones.

In my system I have a variable speed pump so for most of the day its running at a very low flow just to turn over water. At this speed even though water is returning through the floor cleaning jets it's not very powerful and the zone actuator moves very slowly. So for 1.5 hours in the morning and 1.5 hours in the evening my controller turns up the RPM's on the pump to give a powerful cleaning water jet from the floor cleaners.

meatloaf said:
How do you like your Tightwatt self adjusting pool timer? Was it worth the money?

The timer works just fine and seems to save $$$. Automatically adjusting throughout the year.

I decided to continue using my present timeclock and change it myself every few weeks. It is very easy and only takes a second. I guess if you are away then it may work for you or you just don't want to mess with it at all.
I am one of those hands on guys. I like messing with my stuff. LOL

Thanks 8)
Iggy

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.