POURING IN THE BLEACH

exbcmc

May 1, 2012
Arcadia, Ca
I may have just learned something, but I want to ask. I'm 62 and have been a do it your self'r since I was about 16. Started by taking care of a neighbor's pool while they were on vacation. The dad instructed me to pour the chlorine/bleach in the shallow end, walking back and forth the width of the pool. He wanted me to do this w/the pump off, I think. This way the chlorine would follow the curvature of the pool, drifting along the bottom of the pool, I guess in a way, placing a layer of chlorine along the bottom?
Was this perhaps the custom in the 60's? I knew to add the acid at the return line. Thanks.

Any chemical added to the pool should be done so by diluting it as quickly as possible. Concentrated CYA, acid. chlorine of any kind can be harsh on pool surfaces so adding chlorine s-lo-w-ly into the skimmer (so it's diluted) or directly in front of a return is always the best.

I always pour my chlorine into the skimmer basket, it takes me about 2-3 minutes to pour a 96oz jug into the skimmer, which then pumps it up to my filter system, heater, swcg then back to the pool return. Works great. for CYA..I put in a knee high stocking, and suspend it in front of the pool return to disperse.

HTH

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.