First swim 4/5

tagprod

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 3, 2007
Tomball, Texas
I helped the water get warmer by heating it and going from 70 to 78 degrees and decided to jump in. It was still a little chilly for my tastes but with the temps on the rise I'm sure that won't be a problem much longer. woo-hoo!!

The kids have been in my pool for about 2 weeks. With weather in the 80s, my cheapo solar panels put the pool at about 78 in the afternoon. I went in for the 1st time today, the pool was a little cool, but having the hot-tub this year makes me braver, knowing a quick warm-up is only a few steps away :)

My pool has yet to hit my threshold of 74 degrees. It hit 73 yesterday. My 7-year old daughter jumped in Saturday when it ws 71 degrees. She had fun but said it was a little too chilly yet. I live outside of Fort Worth so it should not be long.

It was only around 65 where I live in LA yesterday, but I heated the pool up into the mid 70's, and the kids used it for the first time this year, but said it was cold.

I had the jacuzzi heated up too, so they just moved if they got too cold.

Next weekend, it is supposed to be a little warmer, and I will heat it up from Thurs or Friday, so it will be warmer. Pool is covered, which will help it warm up, and stay warm.

Randy

cwstnsko said:
The kids have been in my pool for about 2 weeks. With weather in the 80s, my cheapo solar panels put the pool at about 78 in the afternoon. I went in for the 1st time today, the pool was a little cool, but having the hot-tub this year makes me braver, knowing a quick warm-up is only a few steps away :)

My pool is still around 70 and a little chilly. I plan on waiting a few more weeks.

Iggy in the cool part of Arizona

Hi all...
long time reader, first time poster. i got wet yesterday (4-6). the water was 64, but i could not wait any longer. it was cold, but i was all smiles (i think the smile is frozen in place). this is our first year with a pool (finished 2 weeks ago), and i want to say thanks to all the regulars for their post... i haven't had to ask any questions yes (knock on wood).

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The Kids & I jumped in for the very first time (Brand New Pool) on April 3rd. With Solar Heating, Water Temp was 84 degrees and by Saturday had it up to 88. Rain and cooler night time temps have brought it back to the low 80's. But every sunny day the temp goes back up with the help of the Solars.

Life is good.... Great to be in Central Florida this time of year..... Used to live in the North East and understand the weather conditions there..... Spring and summer are just around the corner..... Hang in there.....

Bill

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.