Low or no FC, but clear water

May 8, 2012
Georgia
I just received my TF100 yesterday. Here is my first results.
FC 0 or less than .5
PH-7.6-7.7
TA-90
CH-210
CYA-50-60
I tried to do the chlorine drop test, the sample never changed to pink when I added the r-870 powder. I continued and when I added the R-0003 it did seem to be "slightly" pink, and after 2 drops of R-871 it turned back clear. I am really confused by this test, I dont know where I stand with it, if I have a little FC or not. Just three days ago my FC was 2, do not know why it is dropping. My water is crystal clear, however I know that if there is no or too little FC that can change quick. I have bleach 6% on hand, but I am nervous about adding it and causing the metals in my water to redeposit to my walls and steps! Just got that resolved with the AA treatment a couple of weeks ago. How should I go about getting the FC up without ending up with metal stains again exactly? I have the pro-team metal magic and last added the maintenance dosage about a week ago, but need advise on keeping the metals in the water if I have to shock using bleach. Any advise would surely be appreciated.

You can probably get away without shocking, but it is too early to say for sure either way.

The first step is to add some chlorine manually, doing so relatively gently and not too much chlorine at time. If you have any worries about stains, or actually see any staining, add some more sequestrant right away.

Then, you want to do an overnight FC loss test, to see if there is a low level algae problem or not. If there is algae, you are going to need to shock.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.