TF100 test kit question

jrichv

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 24, 2012
MOD EDIT: Post moved to new thread. Please create a new thread for new topics. Thanks. Linen

Soon-to-be-new pool owner from beautiful Eagle Mountain Lake (NW of Fort Worth, TX) here.

Pool (InGround, Gunite, approx. 25k gal) is about 80% done - tile was done 2 days ago, rock waterfall yesterday, and rock coping completed today. Looks (to me) like I just need plaster and filling can begin - but what do I know? :D

Ok, TFTestKit arrived today, and I couldn't stand it - just had to test my tap water (its from a well). pH came in at 7.5, no chlorine, so I opted for a Calcium Hardness test. I fill the tube with 25ml from the tap, and reach for the bottle of R-0010 - and can't see it. I check all over - still no R-0010... I'm losing my mind. Then I begin studying the labels on the bottles of reagent in the kit, and I discover this:

FortWorth-20120510-00184.jpg

Is it just me, or do I have two bottles of different liquid reagent, both sporting R-0011L labels? I'm guessing maybe something slipped by the quality control folks at TFTestKits, perhaps? :shock:

Can someone tell me if one of those is actually R-0010, and if so - which one is it?

Thanks in advance!

OMG! Obviously, we got a bottle in the wrong bin. Please PM me your name so we can find your address and get the correct R-0010 out to you.

The clear bottle labeled R-0011L is almost surely R-0010 in reality but I don't want to take a chance. A new one will be out to you today. Thank you for catching it and I hope it's a one-time occurence. Those of you that have received kits in the last few weeks, I would appreciate if you would check for the correct labeling. We do not track our shipments by username so you'll have to send me your real name.

We have gone through our current inventory and found no other instances but that doesn't mean we don't have another one mixed up somewhere.

I am very sorry this happened and we will start this morning triple checking those two since they are the same size. Again, jrichv, you must PM me because I don't know who you are and you haven't contacted us.

duraleigh said:
OMG! Obviously, we got a bottle in the wrong bin. Please PM me your name so we can find your address and get the correct R-0010 out to you.

The clear bottle labeled R-0011L is almost surely R-0010 in reality but I don't want to take a chance. A new one will be out to you today. Thank you for catching it and I hope it's a one-time occurence. Those of you that have received kits in the last few weeks, I would appreciate if you would check for the correct labeling. We do not track our shipments by username so you'll have to send me your real name.

We have gone through our current inventory and found no other instances but that doesn't mean we don't have another one mixed up somewhere.

I am very sorry this happened and we will start this morning triple checking those two since they are the same size. Again, jrichv, you must PM me because I don't know who you are and you haven't contacted us.

PM sent... and my sanity has been restored. :mrgreen:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.