First test results ..

TizMe

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 26, 2007
Covington, Georgia
Im a little confused!! This is the first test result we have done after our liner change and refill and Im not sure what to add and how much. Could someone please help ??

FC 2.5
TC 3.0
ALK 20
CYA 0
PH 7.2

Temp 52

I forget how to use the chart since only started the BBB method last season and already had established chems in the water...

Thanks for the advise !

First step is to maintain a FC level. I suggest adding 2 quarts of 6% bleach each evening until your CYA level starts to come up.

Second, you need to raise the TA. I would start with 8 lbs of baking soda, give it a day to mix in and retest to see where you are. That will raise your TA a fair bit and raise the PH a little, both of which are good right now.

Third, you need to get some CYA in the pool. I would start by adding 4 lbs of CYA, often sold as stabilizer at pool stores and places like Home Depot, Lowes, and WalMart. This should be put in an old sock and then hang that in front of a return or toss it in your skimmer basket. It can take CYA up to a week to dissolve, so don't retest for a week. After a week test again and see where you are and adjust to between 30 and 50 from there (unless you are using a SWG, in which case 60 to 80).

24 hours after adding the CYA, you want to stop adding a fixed amount of bleach each evening and start testing the FC level and adding enough bleach to bring FC up to 4 ppm.

This gets a little over my head, but I don't think I've seen pH of 7.2 along with Alk of 20. Are you comfortable that your Alk test is accurate? I'd do that one again simply because that seems like an abnormal test result....that said, I could be incorrect...I just can't remember seeing that relationship.

Staying with this same theme but a few different topics.

First... is when they put the uprights back and the top edge on the pool after doing the liner i noticed today that one of the uprighs didnt get hooked right and there is a gap between it and the pool wall. Can I fix this myself?

Second ... when they broke the return line loose to take the liner out and remove the "eyeball" I call it it looks like they might have used a screwdriver to break the connection coming out of the top of the pump head where it returns to the pool .. now it leaks ... I have tried to stop the leak but cant ... anyone have any ideas??? Tried silicone aleady .. no luck ...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.