First results using the TF-100 Test Kit

SeanB

TFP Expert
Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
OK, finally had enough time to really go through my new kit from www.tftestkits.com (duraleigh). I really like the layout, the instructions are simplle, even for a non chem guy like me.

So here are my results, comments and suggestions welcome.

pH = 8.2 - on my way to add acid now!
f/c = .5
cc = .5
tc = 1.0
t/a = 190
ch = 180
cya = 30 (already have the stabilizer on hand and will ad more and try to raise to 50-60.)

Forgot about the salt test, will check that now and post back momentarily.

SeanB said:
OK, finally had enough time to really go through my new kit from www.tftestkits.com (duraleigh). I really like the layout, the instructions are simplle, even for a non chem guy like me.

So here are my results, comments and suggestions welcome.

pH = 8.2 - on my way to add acid now!
f/c = .5
cc = .5
tc = 1.0
t/a = 190
ch = 180
cya = 30 (already have the stabilizer on hand and will ad more and try to raise to 50-60.)

Forgot about the salt test, will check that now and post back momentarily.

I would try to bring the FC up and watch that CC closely before adding more CYA.

Just my $0.02

Add your salt and get your CYA into proper range and the pH down before you crank up the output. YOu might fing that you will be generating more than enough chlorine to maintain a 3-5 ppm FC level. You might even have to LOWER the output! Give it about a week and test your chlorine levels to see what they do.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.