Raising PH with Borax

JakeAZ

May 9, 2012
Phoenix Az
So i'm a fairly new pool owner, and I'm learning the BBB method. Pool is 10,000 gallon in ground plaster pool. I picked up pool Calc for my phone, and have been using it religiously ever since. Had one question though. So I read that to help keep the PH in balance I want about 30-50ppm of borax. Its also my understanding that Borax stays in the pool indefinetly, but I may be understanding that incorrectly. Well I need to raise my PH, and it seems that Borax is the substance of choice to do this, since it won't effect TA much, but if I do this repeatedly everytime I need to raise my PH, won't I end up with too many Borates in the pool? I'm sure I'm missing something, because there doesn't seem to be a lot of debate on using Borax to raise PH, and I couldn't find anything about Borates getting out of wack.

Thanks

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.