Concrete Sealer

Jul 25, 2011
Well needed to get deck resealed, have lots of area so hired local contractor to do it. I have an electric cover so I told the contractor to roll the sealer on near the edge of pool and to stay away a couple inches. I reminded him several times, however as soon as he leaves the job his guy starts spraying near the pool cover. Anyways they did get some specks of sealer on the cover and probably in the water (it was near the edge where it closes). It was a acrylic diamond shield voc sealer. Anyway I can probably live with the specs more concerned about effect in water if a few drops got in. Will the pool filter remove any sealer that may have gotten in the water when I start it up next week? Would the water by safe to swim?

Melt In The Sun said:
Chlorine will break down the sealer in the water; I wouldn't worry about it. I'd be more concerned about the cover, since the solvents could conceivably eat away at the vinyl.

How would chlorine break down sealer in water? I don't think acrylic sealer is water based, so it should not mix. Does chlorine break down toxic chemicals in water. I thought chlorine is only a disinfectant for bacteria.

After it is done curing in a few days would it still eat the cover?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.