Pump running, de in pump basket, water not flowing

May 3, 2010
I had my de filter cleaned about a month ago. Was terribly unimpressed with the guy that did it, though I like the company he works for and have had no problem with them. He turned off the gas on our heater and neglected to turn it back on and broke a handle off on our equipment. Complained the entire time about how tired he was, his allergies were killing him, etc..

Flash forward a month, all seems to be fine and I look out today and see the water is not flowing in the pool.

I go out to the equipment and hear the pump running. I turned off the pump, opened the basket and the water is cloudy. I tried putting in backwash mode, just to see if anything would happen, but still nothing.

About a month ago I was pretty convinced I had a clog, as my skimmers were packed full and when I took them out I think a big chunk of debris went down the pipes. Anyway, the same pool company came out and concurred there was a clog, they then sent the 'not so bright' fella out to unclog it. He hemmed and hawed and flushed and 'thought' he got it, I was never convinced that he did, but nonetheless the pool was running so we let it go at that.

So.....does it sound like a clog? Any help would be appreciated. I turned the impeller in the basket and it seemed to move fine. I did call the pool company but they don't think they can be out for 5-6 days. I have already had some algae and it's hot, so a few days with no water movement is going to be terrible.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.