Northville, Mi
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Hey folks - right now the pool water looks spectacular. But it's a tad on the chilly side. I've got a salt water system and a heater but everything is good right now. But what I'd like to do is set it up so that I have one "function" where the everything runs, one where the heater is off ("Salt Only") and one where the saltwater (Intellichlor) is off ("Heat Only").

Usually the IC runs when the pump is on. I figure though that, if it's possible I could set the IC to 0% and let it be powered on and achieve my "off" function. That way, if I just want to run the heater manually, I'm not throwing my salt/chlorine off. By the same token, I want the pump and IC to run at night, but I don't want the heater heating up water at 2am while we're asleep.

I had a brief call with Pentair and didn't get much out of it. But I was thinking I could do all of the above on different "circuits" and get my desired effect.

Am I on target? Cause my first attempt at doing so failed miserably - clearly I need help there. Or is this just not possible??

Thanks!
Don

The system really isn't designed to do that. You might well be able to trick it into doing what you want, but it won't be straight forward.

One option is to tell it that you have a spa, and then turn on spa mode when you want to run the heater extra. Spa mode will automatically turn the percentage on the SWG way down.

Another approach is to not connect the SWG to the controller in the normal way, and instead connect it to an aux relay to get power. If you do that you lose a number of nice features you get by integrating the SWG and EasyTouch. like percentage setting by 1s (instead of 20s), but it does give you flexibility to have the SWG on only when you want it on.

Thanks for the suggestion - I knew it wouldn't be easy! :)

Went to mess with it a bit (this is a brand new pool, just installed in the fall) and realized that the builder never hooked up the com wire to the pump (intelliflo vs) and I'm pretty sure to the heater (mastertemp) as well. As it was, I had to show *them* how to get the lights to work so I think I'm on my own.

You can install a relay to cut the power to the salt system. Then you set a program for that relay for when you want it to run. If this is a single body system it has 2 temperature settings. Low temp and high temp you can set 2 different programs. 1 for low, and 1 for the hightemperature. Otherwise, you can run 2 relays in line to the heater. 1 for time control attached to an aux circuit and then the heat relay on t have easytouch board.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.