Draining winter cover

morojo

Apr 5, 2008
I live in Ontario, Canada and close my pool for the winter, drained below returns etc. and covered with lock in pool cover. Ihave started to drain the huge amount of water from the top oif the cover, however it seems that the level of the pool water seems to be dropping also. Anyway I can determine if the pool cover has a hole in and maybe I'm draining pool water at the same time?? Or could be just imagining the pool level dropping?? Any thoughts would be helpful. First srping with the new pool.

That has also happened to me, what I found was the further I drained the cover the pool level stop falling. What I believe happened was I pushed pool water out of the filter return. I did not drain any water off the cover over the winter and the amount water on the cover displaced pool water. This is just my thought. You can bet that I will keep a closer eye on it next year.

I also could not wait, I had to look under the cover and what I saw was crystal clear water.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.