cynaruic acid

Jul 18, 2011
i have a 18,000 gal. vinyl pool. last fall my cyanuric acid count was about 45ppm. i opened my pool this spring and tested my water for cyanuirc acid was 0ppm. i was wondering because i live in iowa if you could lose acid because of winter conditions or is it normal to lose it. i do drain about 6000 gals. out in the fall, then i get this back be cause of snow melt and rain that goes through my meyco safety cover. hope for an answer. thankyou Richard

The CYA faries paid me a visit over the winter and swiped mine also. Went from 80 to 0.

If you do some searching you'll see that we aren't alone. There is a bacteria that can consume it under certain conditions. In my case we had a very mild winter and I had a lot of leaf litter get through a hole in my cover. I'm guessing that contributed to it. I ended up with a green mess when I took my cover off on Sunday. I'm burning through a lot of chlorine and trying to the challenge up slowly.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.