Nitrates

I do have a home test kit and tested the chlorine and most important parameters. Went to the store and had them verified. I read the information on shocking the pool twice, as a matter of fact have read almost all the data available on your site.
What I'm not sure about is if I shocked the pool to a level of at least 16 ppm last night do I need to continue shocking the pool. When does that process stop and then you regulate the correct parameters so you can swim. I am missing something and it probably is my fault.
Thanx

Based on the cya / chlorine chart the fc is 2 4 and shock 12
Mine is at 5But the overnight chlorine test showed a difference of more than 1 so I need to continue shocking the pool until the overnight test shows a loss of less than 1 ppm.
So I need a truck load of chlorine!

When I finally get enough cl to shock level and it doesn't change over night more than 1 ppm do I keep the cl level that high always. Or get it back down to 3 or 4. I am confused about this point.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.