LifeTime Supporter
May 2, 2012
North of Charlotte, NC
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Is there a few posts out there that discuss the pros/cons of the liquidator compared to a stenner or pulsefeeder or any other type of pump application for injection that someone can point me in the direction of ? Not just cost but reliability,tuning,maintenance etc. Been looking through a bunch but must be missing something? Or has anyone tried the liquidator to only end up going the pump route eventually ?

A couple of people here have been switching from Liquidators to stunner pumps recently. The Liquidator seems to have a couple of minor problems that seem to come up for a lot of people. On the other hand the Liquidator is quite a bit less expensive and it does work well enough for most people.

Bama Rambler said:
I'm the defected guy, so if there's something you want to know feel free to ask.

Thanks Bama, I'm on page 3 still of your defective (LOL) post...this is the info I was looking for.I think this will be the route I go for next season for sure.I will definately be in touch when the set up time comes along..for right now I have to get the "BBB" program down this season and it will give me a good ballpark of my daily dosage I'll be looking at when the time comes this fall to tear into it and redo everything....Unless I get impatient this year :)

Thanks, Again

Thanks for the fast reply James/Jason as well....

My wife is on the verge of busting my chops because of all the reading/research I've been doing on this forum :wink: Good thing she dont see how much I read at work during the day :-D

I have been using an LMI plunger style metering pump for a couple of years now, overall it has worked well, but some parts (plunger, seals, springs, etc) must be replaced about every 12-18 months due to break down around chlorine

Isaac-1 said:
I have been using an LMI plunger style metering pump for a couple of years now, overall it has worked well, but some parts (plunger, seals, springs, etc) must be replaced about every 12-18 months due to break down around chlorine

Is there the same maintenance issues that need attention with the Stenner pumps as well ?

Everything mechanical can and will fail.

Having said that, I personally have had better luck with the peristaltic pumps than the diaphragm or plunger pumps. The pump tube is the most common maintenance item and I know pumps that have been in industrial caustic and acid service that have been in operation for 4 years and never had a tube to fail. YMWV (your milage Will vary).

Finally got through the 7 page post...so no major issues to speak of so far for your pump and set-up and time period you've been running with it Dave ? Also it seems like a 15gal barrel is the preferred and best size storage tank to go with then ? As you may be able to tell after all the reading and getting all learned up the impatient by nature factor is creeping up on me :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I've had no leaks at all since installing it. I like the 15 gallon drum. It'll last a little longer than a month on my pool and that's long enough.

The pump injects such a small amount that it's not a concern for the cleaner.

I can't say I switched but I have both now. Just installed a Stenner yesterday so I can't give feedback yet.

I have been running the Liquidator since 2007. No issues that are show stoppers. Off the top of my head, only two issues I had was 1) My VERY expensive Tygon tubing would pop off, for it's very soft and would not hold onto the liquidator's fitting well. The off the shelf cheap tubing works just as well as I found out. 2) The Liquidator could not keep up during the high demand periods but this was over come by manual adding of chlorine. For me no big deal. For me, The Liquidator is well worth the investment. I even own the pH Adjuster, one of the few I think. I plan to continue to use the Liquidator as a chlorine holding tank when I no longer can get a drum of chlorine. Until then the Liquidator will be semi-retired but never replaced.

I also learned not to drill or tap into PVC. From now on I add a "T" where I need to interact with the flow. This way I can cap off the area during the winter if I want to winterize or change up fittings for various projects. Just saves a lot of time and headaches.

Another lesson I have learned... Pools are not for penny pinchers... It cost year around and nothing last forever. I am planning to replace yearly the Stenner tubing, fittings and anything else that comes into contact with the chlorine. This 12% chlorine is rough on the equipment!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.