The projecct begins!!!

So it has been a heck of a week for me, along with the pool issues, i have house issues as well. Long story!

I pushed on the liner and it seems to want to stretch. There is alot of material there to play with. I am lowering the pool as i type with a sump pump. i will give it a try tomorrow, into the yummy water for me, luckily the low end! Thanks for the tips guys.

I am using the sump pump because my old pump has finally given way, i think. Turns on for 10 sec then shuts off, sounds like it shuts itself off or something. It makes a very slight click and trias to come on again, will not stay on for longer than 10 secounds. Power is getting past the swithch into the pump, changed swithch, same thing. The only thing i can't check is the inside of the metal wire housing going into the pump. but if i wack at it it does not make a difference.

Thanks for everything!
Joe

I'm going in! Tomorrow im heading into the pool for the first time! Right into the brown yummy water, to try to fix the liner, any tips within the next 24 hours would be great. Hot water and liner lock ready.

Huge OT alert!

I was pleasantly surprised when I dipped my arm into the pool today for a test sample that it was refreshingly cool rather than shockingly cold. I believe I'll take a swim soon. With regards to the house issues, I can really understand that. My list so far:

1. Deep deep cleaning of every filthy surface (including steamvac'ing all carpets)
2. Clean 4 sq ft of euro paper wasp nests out of the attic and caulk the holes they got in from.
3. Overseed bald spots in lawn.
4. Replace rear fence
5. Clean about 60 pounds of Crud out of the gutters
6. Replace exploded oven heating element.
7. Hang blinds of some sort on all 23 windows. (I nearly went insane by the time I was done with this).
8. Chip away spackle from around 40-50 inches of joints (it was popping) and respackle over and over again (that was a lesson).
9. Caulk a seam in the top of the chimney that was allowing mud daubers to nest in between the fireplace insert and the brick.

That's probably not even an exhaustive list. That's repairs, I've also done plenty of improvements too like install a garage door opener and replace every bulb in the house with flourescent. Now that I'm well out of money though I plan to spend my summer sipping margaritas in the pool while looking at my ugly asbestos siding.

Sounds like me. Unexpected house issues have taken from my pool, fence, and landscaping fund. My house is older as is my pool, so i guess it just comes with the territory. Hopefully i will not have to spring for a new liner this year. I am keeping my fingers crossed!

I'm absolutely stoked that my plaster is in as good of shape as it is (despite it's roughness). I mean it's at least good enough to get by this year and if it's too rough I'll just require water shoes in the pool. Also quite happy that none of my equipment has problems though it's obvious to me that I need to pour a new equipment pad and soon. Either next spring or the spring after I'll have the $$ for replastering but the wife informs me siding and windows are top priority and the pool is irrelevant :p

I just finished my first dip in the swamp, yum! Well it seems to be going well. I need to have constant hot water, i had the wife pouring extremely hot water on the liner and on my legs, fun. The liner is stretching nicely, and i believe with patience i will be able to tuck the liner. Wish me luck, off to home depot, for some sink attachments to hook the 150 ft hose to.

Update!

Tucked liner, wow that was fun! Used almost boiling water, and this tool that looked like a vice grip, but with a long nose@ the end, think hammer head shark! ( Not @ all perfect, bulging out, but holding) Hoping this makes it through the summer!

Installed new pump, Super Pump, running very well! ( Need to clean up the electrical outlet setup, switching to pvc)

Now just got to clean up the water!

Wish me luck!

You seem to be pretty darn resourceful. That always helps. In my case, I replaced a section of plumbing I suspected was leaking including my garden hose bib. Now I can start up with all 3 suction valves wide open and the system retains prime and runs perfectly. I'm quite happy. I can put it on a timer now. My pool is currently covered by a solar cover collecting tree dirt waiting for warmer temps.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I try, i still am unable to hold sucktion @ the skimmer. My water level is still below it, and i tried using just the hose plugged into the skimmer, NG. I think i need a new round thing that goes on the end of the hose, then into the skimmer. Sorry i do not know the lingo yet. Should i be just opening the skimmer valve, and closing the bottom drain?

Thanks

I would recommend putting a vacuum hose into the skimmer, setting the bulk of the vacuum hose on the deck, take the other end and fill it up with water from the hose. Quickly put the end of the vacuum hose into the pool water. Fill the pump basket with water. Close off all valves except the skimmer you're trying to get started from. You may want to fill your skimmer up with water which will help in case there's a leak where your vacuum hose meets the plumbing (likely). Once it's started, even if there's a small leak it should keep going.

Everything is finally working! :lol: It is unbelievable how the water has turned around in the past week! It has been alot of time and effort, all worth it for the final result! I will post the before and after when the water is completely clear, still a little cloudy!

Thank you everybody who posted, to the stickys, the creators and mods of this site, without you guys I would have been pool stored for sure!!! Time to pay tribute to the site!! Lifetime member for sure!!!

Thanks again,

Joe

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.