Unable to Scrub Everywhere

dpool

Sep 20, 2007
I'm hoping this will help others too.

I have a NEPTUNE A-FRAME STEP LADDER in my AGP. It's a hybrid between a regular A-FRAME and STAIRS and it has a locking gate on the outside and has closed in areas behind the steps to prevent entrapment between the steps and the pool wall.

There lies the problem. Last season, in order to get this monster of a ladder to keep from FLOATING up in the pool, we had to secure about 5 1-gallon containers of sand and rock to the underside of the ladder. Now it works great but we were unable to just 'pull' the ladder out of the water at the end of the season.

Having just fought the battle of a huge ALGE problem I can clearly see that there are parts under and around the ladder that I can't reach and scrub. I've got a narrow brush, a long brush, thinking of putting the webbster in there but whatever I do it needs to make a 90 degree turn and even then I know I will miss recessed areas. Jason's sticky on clearing an algae problem says to scrubb EVERYTHING. We can't do this until we can get IN the pool and that won't be for a few more months around here. What to do???

dp

I BELEIVE!

Regular green algae isn't usually too bad. Green algae doesn't always form biofilms, which are what require brushing. If you are lucky there aren't any algae biofilms in the hard to reach places. If the difficult to reach areas have good circulation then two or three extra days of shock level will almost always break through any biofilms that are there and clean up the algae even if you can't brush.

If you have a spot with bad circulation that you can't reach to brush then you might have a problem. If that is the case and you have algae that comes back even after extra days of shock level then you can shock again and then maintain the FC level at the very top of the normal range. That will normally keep the algae in check until you get get in and brush it thoroughly while at shock level.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.