TDS: 600
CYA: 90
TC: 0
FC: 0
ph: 7.4
TA: 174
Adj TA: 147
TH: 116
these are the test results printed from pool store i believe i need to add bleach not sure how much to start out with and how often to monitor it before adding more. thanks in advance for the help. And im a newbie in the pool world .

I am no expert, but based on all the posts I have read here, I would reccomend draining some of the water and refilling to lower your CYA. Even if water is expensive, the money you will save from buying bleach will win out.

I would suggest not adding any bleach at all until you get that lowered as it would be very uneffective. Once that is lowered then you can work on adding chemicals to level out your readings.

*edit*

Also check what you are using for the chlorine, lots of the powders and pucks have cya in them (in tri-chlor if i recall correctly) which over times keeps adding CYA to the pool, effectively making your chlorine/bleach a very costly waste of money.

Again, based on everything I have read, liquid bleach is the way to go.

Fooled said much of this already, but just to add a little detail:

With CYA at 90 you want FC to be between 7 and 12 for routine usage and shock level is around 30+.

I recommend doing a partial drain and refill to bring the CYA level down to something more reasonable. Your tablet feeder is constantly adding CYA. You should also take a look at what kind of "shock" you are adding. Many products labeled that way contain CYA. The higher your CYA level gets, the more problematic solving problems like the one you are having now become.

Thanks Jason. If even half of what I said was accurate, it is a testimate to all of the information I have gathered in about a week reading this site.

bryanschmidt -- I highly recommend getting a test kit. I followed the advice of many on here and got the TFT-100. It has all the essential tests you need, without the drive to the pool store. And welcome to the forums, there is more information stored here than I could have ever imagined!

thanks for the feed back.So I'm going to lower my cya first. then add chlorox.I guess once i get cya down ill use the pool calculator for the first time to see how much chlorox to add . wish i could just time warp to the experienced level 8)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.