Deck Box

mxdad777

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 26, 2012
Northern California
I'm wanting to build a deck box to keep the pool toys in. I don't really care for the plastic ones available in the stores and I have the tools and ability to build one myself. Before I go and just start building a box, I thought I would check on here for ideas. I'm sure some of you handyman have constructed your own pool box. Any pictures and, or plans would be much appreciated.

I'm guessing you want the pool box to have some style? Seeing you live in Cali and i don't know what the surroundings of your pool larea looks like I'll give this my best newbie shot.
I would build each side of the box using bamboo in the center either run horizontally or vertically and picture framing wood to be stained around the bamboo. you can have a channel in the framing that the bamboo stalks slide into. you can get bamboo stalks from a 1/4 in to 6 in in diameter large dia could be cut in half .well just some of my ideas

Thanks for the idea of using bamboo. I just might do that because we are getting ready to re-landscape the pool area with a tropical theme. I would still like to see someones plans as to how they constructed the actual box. ie lid, framework, hinges, etc.

Consider what you might put in it, like 5 gallon bucket of pool chems or a roll of hose, etc. I built a few a round my spa and made sure I could fit my various plastic storage bins as well as milk crates.

My husband built this deck box. It's great for storage, a bench and a place to lounge around. It's nothing fancy, just functional. Excuse the appearance of the deck flooring, I plan to use my long weekend to pressure wash, restain and waterseal all our wood.

[attachment=0:18pncing]Pool Storage Bench.JPG[/attachment:18pncing]

Attachments

• Pool Storage Bench.JPG
    Pool Storage Bench.JPG
    44.5 KB · Views: 578
Samantha_in_AL said:
My husband built this deck box. It's great for storage, a bench and a place to lounge around. It's nothing fancy, just functional. Excuse the appearance of the deck flooring, I plan to use my long weekend to pressure wash, restain and waterseal all our wood.

[attachment=0:2o3u39bn]Pool Storage Bench.JPG[/attachment:2o3u39bn]

Thanks for posting. That's pretty much what I am looking to build. Hopefully I will get going on this project soon.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.