Need Pump Advice....Maybe Too Late.

Benttt

May 20, 2009
My Jacuzzi Cygnet 3/4 motor went again for the 2nd time in 4 years right after I spent my last stack on a new liner this year. Needless to say, its not a good time to for me buy a new pump. Also need to consider I may want to get a full upgrade on a fitration system in a few years as my Jacuzzi 250L is getting old as well. I recently had the opportunity to quickly purchase a barely used Hayward super pump at $100 on CL....in my haste, it didn't notice it was a 1HP variety when I got it home. Unfortunately, I can't check the filter manual to see if the flo rate is ok...ect. What are the risks for installing the 1hp vs the 3/4 hp pump? I did notice my kreepy krawly suction side cleader never really had the umph i thought it should in the old 3/4 hp days (for both the older and the 2008 replaced one as well).
I was thinking of putting this pump back on CL and going with the Pentair superflo and be done with it...
Thoughts??

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.