question on installing my new 21 foot AGP /

Yeah it is a lot of work, but so worth it. I started hand digging, then rented a walk-behind bobcat for mine to help with getting in a deepend, but there was still a ton of hand digging and hauling to do afterward including about 8" of digging down for my sides to be level that I did not do when I had the bobcat :hammer:

Your site is looking good, really good :goodjob:

How out of level are you on the pool diameter?

Hey, at least as you dig your edges stay put. I am envious of the neat lines.

I live in NE Florida and I have sand. Lots and lots of sand. If the ground is damp, it looks good as you take out a shovel full. Look back a few minutes later, the top layer drys and there goes the definition. Kind of like sweeping water or herding cats. Fun to watch but not very productive.

I can't use a sod cutter as the little grass that grew under the tree I just had removed won't hold the sand together either. I'm making the circle a little larger than needed to compensate and filling the void left by the tree removal with top soil instead of more sand and tamping it down like a mad woman!

Just had a thought. The sand does have one redeeming quality. Water drains away very quickly.

I was about 7 inches out of level over 21' I dug out the center cove one slice at a time, once the center as dug out, I Started to "shave down" the outer base. I done know if it was the right way or not.. but working well. That is what the cut out is in the outer edge...that is the lowest point, and gets less as I work my way to the other side. looking forward to putting the pool up, How bad is installing the liner? I have a overlap liner that came with the pool..should I upgrade to a fitted liner? I heard they were a little trickier to install

It is not clear to me...are you doing a deepend center as you mention a "center cove"? If you are, stick with the overlap (should be an expandable overlap liner). I like overlap liners, but that is because of my deepend. Most people go with a bead or j-hook if they do not do the deep end (though I myself would probably still do the overlap...I like how it stretches into the pool). I did not use one in my install (since I stretched my expandable overlap liner into my deepend), but a shop vac to pull the liner to the wall and floor helps with getting the wrinkles out before filling.

No, the center will get filled with sand. I have had a few pool people tell me I did not need to dig it, but the instructions said to, so that is what I did. Is this not normal?

cove.JPG

I would not have dug down like that. Too much work! I have done many digs by hand through upgrades and never have I done that nor will I. I like my pool bottom flat.

I understand. :goodjob: It's just unnecesary IMO and more work.

I'd vote for the overlap..I used an overlap in my 33ft pool and they are so easy and a bit more forgiving than the bead or J hook type...The overlap comes with plenty of extra, well, overlap..you hang it over the edge all the way around..center the bottom....then suck it to the sides with a shop vac...holding the overlap in place with clothes pins.....then start the water...and brush the floor wrinkles out with a push broom as it fills. Works slick...as the pool fills, if any wrinkles develop just pull up on that area a bit and re clip it to the edge...Once full....put your top edge and cove on..and then just fold the extra liner up under the top cove and you're done.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.