Visual check of water during backwash

May 7, 2012
I have no easy way to see the water coming out of the DE filter during a backwash. I was thinking of getting some clear schedule 40 PVC and replacing a section of the waste line. Other option was to pick up on of the clear check valves (don't really need the flow check) just to use as a window. Anyone see another option or recommend one or the other?

Thanks,
Roy

Welcome to the forum. :lol: A clear section of PVC would be an EXCELLENT improvement and has given me a project :lol: I have the little sight bubble on my multiport but would like something a little bigger and a 6" length of clear is a great idea. You may well be able to get a sight bubble to fit into your existing multiport if you look at it carefully (there might be a plugged hole) but the PVC would seem a better idea.

duraleigh said:
Welcome to the forum. :lol: A clear section of PVC would be an EXCELLENT improvement and has given me a project :lol: I have the little sight bubble on my multiport but would like something a little bigger and a 6" length of clear is a great idea. You may well be able to get a sight bubble to fit into your existing multiport if you look at it carefully (there might be a plugged hole) but the PVC would seem a better idea.

I have the simple slide kind, so there is no option for a sight bubble. I was leaning towards the clear PVC (even though it is more than a clear check valve) as it doesn't require any maintenance.

Thanks for the welcome and quick reply. :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.