Tell me 1 1/2" isn't that bad....please

May 6, 2012
I'm setting up our 15' x 42" Intex Easy Set pool for our second season. Last year was our first at owning this type of pool and we noticed we had that pesky "deep end" where one side was noticably deeper, even though we thought it was leveled during install.
Fastforward to this year. We put up the pool in a new locationand have noticed there is approximately 1 to 1 1/2" depth variance on a couple of sides. For the most past we are within 1/2" level, but I think it comes from my pesky kids trying to flatten the wrinkles.

Do you think the 1 1/2" depth variance is going to be a problem? I can only account for that big of a gap in 1 place.

Be gentle.

Welcome to TFP.

When you say depth variance, are you meaning that the water is deeper by 1½" or that the pool is out of level by 1½"? If it's the former I wouldn't worry about it at all. If it's the latter, it might be an issue. Post some pics of it if you can.

It's the former. We noticed that in 1 or 2 spots it was deeper/shallow, but overall it looked pretty level. I'll try to snap some pictures tonight, but we stopped putting water in because I was freaking out about the different depth. There's nothing better than pics of a limp pool (lol). I'm probably putting too much into this, but I've read of it stretching the sides and I'd like to avoid that "America's Funniest Home Video" shot if I can.

You guys are the best. Thanks for all of your help and knowledge.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.