A big HELLO to all on TFP. Fiberstar optic rope problems

May 6, 2012
I have fiberstar fiber optics lighting around my inground pool and on the back side of the fiber optic shield where the rope first enters the track there are spots that have turned a neon reddish color that is seen when the unit is turned off. Does anyone have any expierence with this.

Thanks for the heads up about the parts,it hasn't affected my lighting either if I find a remedy or a cause I'll repost. I'm wondering if it could have been something I cleaned with(magic eraser or bleach) but I would think it would have affected all the rope.

I had a capacitor burn up and bought the exact capacitor from an on line store called CapacitorKing for $15.00. I also replaced the ingnitor (only because I screwed up) through Venture lighting. I just called them and they sent me the exact piece, $20.00. I got all the information about these parts from the labels on the parts themselves. Venture Lighting also manufactures the ballast (If I remember correctly it was under $100.00) as well as the ignitor. I have just recently ordered a new bulb from Microlamp for around $40.00 plus shipping. This was a lot better than buying the whole fixture from a pool store for $135.00. There is a part of the unit that sheilds the heat of the bulb from the color wheel or fiber. It consist of three pieces of glass 1-1/2 inches square. The middle glass on mine was frosted over like it had calcium on it. I disassembled it and tried to clean it but it would not come clean. I sent my daughter to lowes to see if they would cut her a piece and they did it for free, all the time questioning what I was going to do with that small of a piece of glass. When you open up your unit it looks like a daunting task but if you cut and lable everthing and take your time it is not to bad. I knew mine was bad as I had a big plum of smoke come out of it. When I opened it the capacitor was melted. Make sure you check the two fuses first. I could go on forever so let me just say if you dive in and need some help or at least moral support give me a holler.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.