Hayward Inground Pool Light

Oct 20, 2009
I have a hayward pool light for my gunite 20x40 pool which is not working.

The pool light is connected to a junction box installed in the deck at the head of the pool. The entire junction box is installed in a vinyl container set in the concrete. Both the feeder line and the pool light line come up from conduits set in the concrete.

Now when I connect the light to a extension cord it comes on. The circuit up to the pool light switch (about 50ft) away is good, So I assume I have a fault in the line between the switch an the junction box. The problem is I have no idea how the cable between the junction box and switch is laid so I do not know how to trace the cable and localize the fault

Anyone resolve a similar issue? What are my options? Can the cable be pulled or do I have to cut the deck?

Thank you

Re: Hayward Inground Poool Light

Can you post a pic of it?

If I understand correctly, the power runs from the power panel to the switch, then from the switch to the junction box in the decking, then from there to the light. You have power to the switch, and if you apply power to the light at the junction box it works?

It should be ran in conduit and Ross has the right idea if it is.

Re: Hayward Inground Poool Light

Ross: How will a continuity tester show me where the problem is?

Here are pics of the unit

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 66
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 66
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 66
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 66
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 66
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 66
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.