Super Chlorinate Pool Ratio to Gallons ?

Apr 3, 2008
If i have a 10K Gallon Pool and I get my pH and Alkalnity to the correct levels, how much is the recommended amount to super chlorinate the pool when opening the pool ? Alos, is there any risk to dumping too much chlorine in and if so, how much is too much ? Thanks

Scott

What kind of pool? Gunite/plaster can handle much more chlorine than vinyl.

A good, safe number is 15ppm for vinyl and 25ppm for gunite. Those numbers will always be safe, but depending on your CYA level, you may need/be able to go higher.

Welcome, scott! Read the stickies, linked in my signature, about opening your pool, and also about the BBB method in general.

You can overchlorinate, but it is really only a problem with a vinyl liner pool, as it will cause the liner to fade, and may cause premature failure.

You need to get a good test kit, and use the readings and the Jason's calculator, also linked in my sig, to help you determine the proper amounts of any chemicals you need to add.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.