confused about material for renovation

kostia

Jun 30, 2010
Hi,
I am in the process of renovating my pool. When I started my research and quote collection I was given quotes on plaster and pebble tec finish where pebble tec of course more expensive. I have decided to go with a local pool company mainly because they are local and do have a pretty good reputation. Looking at all the brochures that I have collected over this period trying to select the color we want, we realized that we are looking at pictures of diamond bright as the plaster base. I have asked the sales guy and he said that we are getting 'pebble plaster finish'. Is this different from pebble tec? Is plaster always a base for pebble tec, are we getting an in between solution? I am confused and will try to clarify it with them, but thought I would ask here before Monday.

Plaster is always the base, in this case with pebbles mixed in. Diamond Brite is a brand name for a different material, quartz crystals, that can be mixed into plaster. Diamond Brite is never mixed with pebbles.

PebbleTec is a name brand for a particular set of plaster/pebble combinations. There are many other brands with very similar looking finishes, also made of a mixture of plaster and pebbles. Of all of them, PebbleTec is the best, but several of the others are fairly good. Given what they said, I gather you are getting a plaster and pebble combination but not PebbleTec brand.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.