Last year's chlorine tabs turned yellow

jcm0020

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 17, 2009
Dallas, TX
I have a bucket of aquachem chlorine tabs left over from last season that have turned yellow. I opened the lid and everything inside the bucket is yellow. Does this mean the tablets have gone bad? If I cannot use them anymore how should I dispose of them properly?

They are still useable although they have been in contact with moisture. For future notice, if you ever open a bucket and see that again immediately back off as sometimes you can get a lung full of gas that will have you in a coughing fit for a good 20 minutes. If you have an empty tabs bucket you can put them in there. They probably have lost some effectiveness but not as much as to make them worthy of trashing them. If you don't have a spare bucket you can clean out that bucket and leave the tabs to dry out in the sun on a tarp on a sunny day. Try to store that bucket in an area that is outdoors so it can out gas safely but maybe under an overhang so it's not collecting rain on the lid (sometimes the lids leak)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.