.5 CC all season so far. Why?

Thinkly

Oct 12, 2009
Overland Park, KS
This is my first year using unstabilized chlorine and it seems strange that regardless of what I do, I always have a .5 CC reading. It is never higher and never lower. I am using the TF100 kit. Any ideas why this is?

Todays Readings:

FC 9.5
CC .5
TC 10
TA 80
CYA 40
pH 7.5

There are two possibilities, neither one is a problem. First, some pools simply always have a very low CC reading. Even really really low levels will show up as 0.5. CC isn't an issue at 0.5 or lower, so this isn't a problem. Second, you might be doing the test just slightly wrong. Make sure the sample goes completely clear during the FC phase of the test, before continuing on to the CC portion of the test. It is possible for some people to mistake a very faint pink for completely clear. If you do, you can mistakenly read some of the FC as if it was CC.

Thanks for this information I have been having the same problem, it has been driving me crazy. My next test tomorrow I will try to make sure I am more careful. When I have to start the test it for CC it is so lighlty pink but there is a tint. Thanks for the info.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.