Wide mouth vs. regular skimmer and 1 return or 2?

MeSue

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 29, 2007
Florida
Hi folks,

We had our new 18' round AG pool delivered yesterday and we have an installer coming tomorrow. I just noticed that the skimmer they delivered is not a wide mouth, and our old pool had a wide mouth skimmer. Is this going to make much difference? If it's worth it, I could probably arrange for the installer to bring a wide mouth one instead of using the one they brought.

Also, would it be worth getting 2 returns put in? Our old pool only had one, which had a PoolSkim attached, and we plan to use the PoolSkim again. I was wondering if it would be beneficial to have a second return in that situation--so we'd have one with PoolSkim, one without.

Whew, it's going to be good to have a pool again! We have been working outside on these 95+ degrees days pouring concrete for a patio.

I decided not to do anything about the skimmer. Mistake. The installers got here and opened up the wall and found it was already cut for a wide mouth so I had to make the one hour round-trip to get the wide mouth adapter for the skimmer. Oh, well, you live and learn.

Filling with water now.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.