SWG - AutoPilot Start Up Temperature

MisterMister

LifeTime Supporter
Yes, me again. Thanks for all of the help. Just a very quick question.

With my new Auto Pilot SWG, I have read there is a temperature where the unit is the most effective, and there is a temperature where the unit is totally ineffective.

What should the water temperature on before turning on the Auto Pilot SWG? I guess that would be the same temperature the unit should be turned off in the fall?

Thanks,
Mister Mister

hey Mister x2

The AutoPilot will work at any temperature. However, the automatic temperture compensation feature will automatically adjust the Purifier Outout % higher (as it gets warmer) or lower (as it gets colder), based upon water temperature fluctuations.
As it gets colder, the adjustment will drop down until it gets to 55 degrees, at which point it will limit the output to 1% maximum, to aovid overchlorination. At the same time, it does not shut down under cold water conditions.

The AutoPilot has temperature compensation so it doesn't hurt to leave it on at cold temperatures, as long as it is above freezing. However, below about 55 degrees it won't be doing very much. I turn mine off around below 55 and switch to bleach.

Great, thanks fellas,

So I have no concern with the temp. I'm however waiting to turn it on, need to clear the green stuff, and replace half or a little more of the water (in the am) to correct my CYA issue. And yes, I also need to get and add the salt.

Someone did tell me somewhere along the way to not assume the pool was at 0 ppm of salt. GREAT advice, I show the water at I believe 500 or 700 or something, which does have bearing on what to add. With my 30000 gal pool, I'll probably dump 10 or so bags and measure from there.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.