Who has the best variable speed pump Pentair or Jandy.

May 3, 2012
I want to replace my Hayward single speed 2 hp pump with a Variable speed pump. I like Hayward pumps but they won't communicate with my Jandy aqualink with out using up relays to operate. So Jandys Aqualink install manual states it will communicate withe Pentair intelliflo pump and of course the Jandy vs flopro. They are both around $829 on eBay. So price is not a deciding factor. Who is best?

The Pentair IntelliFlo has been around longer and has gotten mostly good reviews. Every once in a while they lose the ability to communicate with the automation system. Otherwise, all of the comments have been positive. The Jandy/Zodiac ePump is relatively new and the VS FloPro is totally new and we don't have much feedback about either one.

i posted a review about a week ago on the Jandy VS Flopro. So far i love it. I love the fact that it is removable so i can bring it inside in the winter. It is so quiet when it runs that i found myself doublechecking the first week to make sure it is actually on. I also upgraded to the Iaqualink so i could control from my IPhone, computer, or anywhere else for that matter. As i type this i minimized my screen, looked at the status of my Iaqulink and it is running at 1750 RPM at 356 watts. Pretty cool if you ask me. The end reason for me choosing Jandy was so my equipment would all be the same. And i did the complete changeover myself. Any other questions let me know. Here is also a link if you want to hear how quiet it is.

http://youtu.be/3Kx-vDhb5sM

Attachments

• Jandy VS ProFlo.jpg
    Jandy VS ProFlo.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 331
  • Jandy VS ProFlo.jpg
    Jandy VS ProFlo.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 328
We have a Pentair VS 3050 model for about 17 months and have been very happy with it. Pentair has been excellent when we needed tech assistance and even sent a tech out free of charge to replace a bad board in our Easy Touch controller that was under warranty. We have no experience with the Jandy pump, but I would consider ease of compatibility (Jandy automation is designed around Jandy products most likely.) into my decision making process if all other factors are about equal (in this case, price and quality). Best of luck to you.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.